Babysitting | Teen Ink

Babysitting

My first time babysitting wasn’t what I expected it to be. I thought babysitting was not going to be fun and a lot of work and that I would not be good at it. It was actually quite the opposite. It was a good learning experience and it was really fun. I was babysitting my niece, Faylin, because my sister Kaleigh didn’t have anyone else to watch her. At first I really didn’t want to. But I did it anyway because my sister needed my help. I watched my niece from three in the afternoon until nine o’clock at night. The first few hours were fun. We played with my nieces’ kitchen set in the living room until she got tired and had to take a nap. I carried her upstairs to her crib and set her in there. After she was fully asleep I went back to the living room and watched TV for about an hour.

I heard Faylin crying so I knew she was awake from her nap. So I went upstairs and went into her room to get her from her crib. As soon as I walked in it smelt terrible. I had to change her diaper. Probably the only bad thing, throughout the day. So I layed her on the floor and took her diaper off. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I threw the diaper out instantly. I got her all cleaned and put a new diaper on her. After I was done, I Sprayed her room with febreze. It finally smelled like flowers after a few minutes of spraying the room.

It was dinner time so I brought her down and put Faylin in her high chair. I cooked chicken nuggets and fries for her because it is her favorite food. She is a messy eater, no matter what it is, so after dinner I had to give her a bath. After the bath we got to play for another hour and then my sister got home from work and my job was done. My sister took me home and the day was over. I learned taking care of a baby can be very fun, but it also involves a lot of work.