A Giant Problem | Teen Ink

A Giant Problem

By Cuhwad BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
Cuhwad BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

You're half way through the school year; don't really know what going on or remember what you learned, and you have exams in two weeks. So after Christmas break, our science teacher hits us with the, “You guys have exams in 2 weeks, start studying”. So of course everybody kinda stops listening to what our teacher is blabbing about and just think, “ ahahaha, wow, I’m going to fail this” so we almost start to laugh of fear and stupidity. And that is the beginning of the 2 weeks of Hell.

So we get our review guides and such which all seemed to be 3-4 pages; most people (including me) could only fill out maybe a little more than a page of it (which was usually the unit that we were just on). So we would go over what's going to be on the test of death,and she would warn us what would happen if we didn't study and how important this was (even though it was only 8th grade)  so we would inevitably “have” to relearn, essentially everything again, so the next week and a half we would prepare for the exams.

Some teachers would just let you work on your review guide instead of during review(s), which was cool, but it seemed like most people just talked and wouldn't really work on it, and at times I would do the same. So if that was the case I wouldn't get anything done, and end up having to work on it in my room, alone, whimpering with a bag of doritos and fruit snacks.

Now the exam is upon us and it's a big packet of papers and i had desire to do any of it. I didn't want to start it because I knew it would take a bunch of brain power (and I couldn't remember any of it).

So picture a backyard with lots of rocks and bushes, that are covered in literal tree loads of leaves; that you have to pick up before winter, and that is how I felt about the exam reviews.

So now it's exam week, after the countless hours of studying and preparing, it's now here, and guess what, I not opening up my backpack during this week at home. I'm gonna ride off in the sunset getting those solid 70%’s and I'm gonna cry about it.

Now I should do good on pretty much all of my exams, except, Science; that is not my forte. I mean it's only 8th grade science, but I'm not a huge science guy, and to add onto that, my teacher does not like me. I did what she asked, I didn't talk in class (well I mean, maybe a little bit), but I think it was because I wasn't in Applied science, where all the “I'm good at science” kids are and get all the love.

So of course I get through the other exams pretty well and got A’s and of course with the science exam you can guess how that went; I killed it! (what did you think? I wasn't gonna let her “win” so I nailed the exam and walked out of her class and the middle school, like. A. Bousssss.