The Things in World We Forget | Teen Ink

The Things in World We Forget

March 28, 2015
By wilds PLATINUM, Newfane, New York
wilds PLATINUM, Newfane, New York
22 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
Brave is not being fearless but being able to overcome those fears you have


We teens have been told that we are lucky to live in the world we do today. We have all the technology that we need. However, there are some things we don't pay attention to. One of those things would be kindness. We don't alway show kindness towards others. When someone drops something we tend to walk around them instead of help them. If someone trips they get laughed at instead of asked if they are o.k. When kindness is shown we don't always welcome it. I think this could change though. If we took a moment of our time each day to help someone, we could help make the world we live in a little bit better. We don't always have to do something huge. Little things are sometimes just as important as the big. We just need to care enough to try. We do live in this world after all.  


The author's comments:

I wrote this because of a video I watched. It was about this kid who helped a kid who was being bullied. That kid then went to help someone else. I thought how we overlook kindness a lot. We tend to find our phones and video games more important. It doesn't have to be that way.