Nevermore | Teen Ink

Nevermore

June 10, 2014
By Inspiration0404 BRONZE, Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
Inspiration0404 BRONZE, Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
3 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is about falling but living is about getting back up


when i was in first grade through fifth i was bullied. i was always scared to go to school from fear of what was going to happen. the people who bullied me would tell me that i was retarded,ugly, that what i thought didn't matter,ect. but i always learned to live on with it because that wasn't even the worst part.

the worst part was when i would go to the cafeteria with the other kids i would be bullied and made fun of in front of everyone and latter on i would get laughed at. when i got older, the bulling got worse and it got so bad that i would cry right when i got home and wouldn't stop until i fell asleep.my only friend was my grandma and she barely knew what was happening most the time.some people have asked me why i didn't tell my parents or teachers...and i always tell them the same answer: that when i told a teacher who the people who bullied me were the would just get talked to and the next day i would get made fun of even worst, i never told my parents because i thought my mom would call the school and i'd have to face my bullies and i was just to afraid too...as to telling my dad he was gone for months at a time due to his work.so i was usually alone and i didn't have any friends. but about half was though my fifth grade school year there was a girl that came to my school because she had moved up with her grandparents. at first i thought that she was just going to be another person to bully me because she hung out with the girl that had bullied me the most, ut as time went bye she never picked on me she would actually try and stick up for me in the begging but then she would get bullied and it came to the point for her that she was getting bulled only when she stuck up for me so she eventually slowly gave up but she still never bulled me just watched. eventually we started talking and became best friends.at some time at the end of that year i was having a really bad day that was even worse then usual and was getting bullied more then usual and when the kids who bullied me tried to bully me in the cafeteria she stood up for me and that was when i realized she was a true friend that was there for me.we became best friends that summer and we still are today.i haven't been bullied since then....sure there were a few romors or i would get called names but that does not happen often.i dont know what i would do without my bestfriend bry. i know that i wouldn't be the person i am today without her.