Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

By PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey
PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Teese

My arms are weighed down with bags and my hands are full of colorful candies, but I don’t care. There are mobs of people swarming around shops and their disruptively loud conversations are pounding into my head, but I take no notice. As I run away from the flashing lights and cheerful laughter and onto the sinking sand, the shattered shells pinch my feet, but I don’t even flinch. Well actually I do. Gritting my teeth, I mutter to myself and hobble about. However, once past that, the cool velvety sand runs between my toes and the rhythmic tide submerges my skin in icy water. This is all I care about. Just being there, all there, in that moment… My feet going numb, my hair blowing into a wild mess, the salty sea spray released as waves curl and crash… Dim light from the boardwalk seemingly miles away, reflects on the dark, glassy shore and I know for sure, this is the only place I need to be. The ocean was calling and whispering for only me to hear: This is your home.

Nostalgia is a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time. I know for sure, the seashore is where my heart lies.

hahawrites said...
hahawrites, Easley, South Carolina

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Yay! I'm so glad!! :) I completly understand the schoolwork problem though! :)

Again, just thank you. I'm really glad you like my work (fortunately for you, you have now motivated me to do some more writing which I haven't done for a while because of schoolwork).

hahawrites said...
hahawrites, Easley, South Carolina

I've now got to say that I've read my way through your work now and I love all of it. Your writing style appeals to me so much and I can't wait to read more of your work! (I just signed up to be notified when you publish something else because I wanna read it all so badly)

ArtsyHPchick BRONZE, Medford, New Jersey

It a flower has for petals instead of 5, that does not make it less of a flower, it is simply more unique.
ME! :)

I enjoy the way in which you ended the article! You did not just fad off (like most short stories), you added a slight shock effect and a moment of confusion only to bring the piece to a new level. LOVE IT SHARON! :)