Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

March 23, 2014
By PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey
PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey
22 articles 35 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Teese


My arms are weighed down with bags and my hands are full of colorful candies, but I don’t care. There are mobs of people swarming around shops and their disruptively loud conversations are pounding into my head, but I take no notice. As I run away from the flashing lights and cheerful laughter and onto the sinking sand, the shattered shells pinch my feet, but I don’t even flinch. Well actually I do. Gritting my teeth, I mutter to myself and hobble about. However, once past that, the cool velvety sand runs between my toes and the rhythmic tide submerges my skin in icy water. This is all I care about. Just being there, all there, in that moment… My feet going numb, my hair blowing into a wild mess, the salty sea spray released as waves curl and crash… Dim light from the boardwalk seemingly miles away, reflects on the dark, glassy shore and I know for sure, this is the only place I need to be. The ocean was calling and whispering for only me to hear: This is your home.


The author's comments:
Nostalgia is a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time. I know for sure, the seashore is where my heart lies.