Walks in the Rain | Teen Ink

Walks in the Rain

By TheOceansBlackBird SILVER, Richmond, California
TheOceansBlackBird SILVER, Richmond, California

One persons craziness is another persons reality
-Tim Burton

and then there's this one
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

I woke up early this morning.

I never do that.

Last night, I decided to set my sunday alarm for 8:00. I usually sleep in until 11:00 (or right through the whole day) on the weekends. But last night... I just decided I would wake up early. These past weeks have been cold and rainy.

And I love it.

I love everything about the rain. How it falls with a calm serenity without a care in the world. To walk in it can either be one of the best or one of the worst experiences you've ever had. And when the rain is finally done falling,it can collaborate it's magic with the sun's to create a stream of colors in the sky. Sometimes the rain continues to fall when this happens, so the colors in the sky become blurred, and it seems as though they may also rain down upon us in little droplets of color.

This morning I left the house as quickly and as quietly as I could, so as to not wake anyone (my mother). Of course, my cat was there to seee me walk out into the rain, but I was aware she wouldn't dare judge or follow me out.

I knew last night that it would be raining this morning...

Stepping out into the fresh morning air, I see that the rain looks more like mist than anything else. I put my headphones in my ears and put my black hoodie on and over my head. I lock the door and begin to walk slowly down the street. Without knowing it, I begin to smile. I mean really smile. Soemthing I havn't done in a long time. I even begin to laugh as the rain hits my face and slowly soaks my clothes. The harder the rain falls, the more exalted I feel. People passing in their cars even give me weird looks, sometimes sympathetic, sometimes just staring me down like I'm crazy. Maybe I am.

I'm only walking for about 20 minutes, but that's all I needed. That's all I needed to finally feel free.

I come home with my mother still asleep. I take refuge in my bedroom and lie down, listening to the rains soft pitter patter against the sides of the house.I think that this is something that I'll keep between myself and the rain.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

haha lol I was ina dreamy mood lol

-Tim Burton

and then there's this one
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Wow thank you. That comment was a masterpiece in itself.

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Ah rain, what a soothing and nostalgic pattern it is. No matter what century you were born in, somewhere, sometine, rain had fallen in despair, hope and love. :)

malloryryan07 BRONZE, Brookwood, Alabama
I love the rain. I like getting in bed during a thunderstorm and listening to it. It's such a simple thing in life, but the simple things really are the best :) Great poem.

GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

Live Each Day To The Fullest. -Quote From Somewhere Else-

I'm Whatever You Want Me To Be - My Quote -

I like your perspective of the Rain.   When I hear Rain, It makes me want to cuddle up in my bed and sleep.     I Love It.     Good Work.     Keep Writing.

on Mar. 29 2014 at 2:34 am
MadisonGrace SILVER, Nowhere, Oregon

"Everything is okay in the end,
if its not okay it's not the end."
"Be who you are and say how you feel because if someone matters they dont mind and if someone minds they dont matter"
"If God brings you to it he will bring you through it!"

I love the descriptions in this piece, especially this line: it can collaborate it's magic with the sun's. Its so simple and sweet. I enjoyed reading your writing and would love to read more in the future!