Let it Go | Teen Ink

Let it Go

By Huntyr_Skylar BRONZE, Hemet, California
Huntyr_Skylar BRONZE, Hemet, California

"To those of you in the world looking for a solution, I don't have it. But I do have hope. It does get better eventually, you just gotta wait a long time." -Hunter Hayes

It's broken. That thing beating in my chest. That organ that gives me every breath of life. Completely split in two. Shattered into millions of tiny itty bitty pieces that no amount of kings horses and men can fix. And it was all because of him. He did it. He took it in his hand an squashed it like a bug. He knew he held it. He knew how I felt about him. Then why? It's because if him I feel this way. It's because of him I spend every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day thinking about Him. The way we talked, and laughed, and joked around. It's all gone now, as if it never even happened. It's because of him I spend my nights locked in the bathroom, looking at my face in the mirror as the tears stream down my face. I can't hold it in any longer. It's because of him I never sleep, for if my eyes close, he pops into my dreams, replaying all the memories we had. It's because of him, my mind is in a blur, his words engraved into my memory. I can't wait any longer. It's over. It's over. We're done. Adults would say that my actions are foolish, Like any other teenager. But I'm not like any other teenager. I've never felt this way about anyone. Yes there are so many fish in the sea, but this one felt like my Nemo. My romeo. My knight in shining armor. My source of happiness and the reason I wanted to go to school. The reason I kept fighting through life. And now he's gone. I still see him everyday. I put on a smile and slip on my mask as I pass him. Its easy to go out and laugh and smile and have the time of my life. But what he doesn't know, is how hard it is to make it look so easy. I miss him. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day. But he's gone. They say if you love something you have to let it go. Well I let it go, but he took my heart with him.