Baby Brother | Teen Ink

Baby Brother

By eman3627 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan
eman3627 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan

It was the night before my baby brother was supposed to be born and my grandpa had come down from up north. I was 6 years old, and really happy because I was going to have a have a little brother but my whole perspective changed when my grandpa told me
``your little brother was going to get all the attention,’’
my heart stopped and tears started flowing down my face. Now I thought it was going to be horrible having a little brother because he would get all the toys and I would get nothing. After that I just went to sleep thinking to myself will my parents love me anymore. Finally, it was the next morning and I walked up stair and asked my grandpa
``where did my parents go,’’
and he said
`` they left really early this morning to go to the hospital,’’
a thought crossed my mind like oh yeah, and started thinking about what happened last night. Then I remembered that I didn’t want a little brother, and he was going to make my life miserable. My grandpa told me

``to load it up,’’
which meant to get in the car. We were off, we started heading down Woodward, and for some reason I was happy which frankly scared me. My heart started pounding faster and faster, in my head I was thinking that a thousand years had passed by, and Beaumont is just down the street a mile. Finally, after what I thought to be long journey was finally over. I got out of the car and ran in Beaumont, it was huge I have never been there because I was born in Washington St. My grandpa told me that.
`` their just down the hallway,’’
my eyes lit up like a light bulb. I got in the room then turned the corner, and I saw my little brother sleeping in my mom’s arms. The first thing that came out of my mouth was ``what’s his name,’’
and she said
``Aiden,’’
I was so happy, and plus I got over the whole brother sucking thing. I finally held him, and my dad said ``that you need to watch and care for your brother,’’ which I still do today.