The Truth | Teen Ink

The Truth

February 3, 2013
By IndiaT.V SILVER, Edinburgh, Other
IndiaT.V SILVER, Edinburgh, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain


Some people say that fate and destiny is what life comes down to in the end. I am not one of those people, I believe that everything we do and say comes down to you and that is only something I have just learned. Every vibe that anyone gets from you is one that you are projecting to them. It is not just fate or destiny whispering in their ear it is what you want people to think or not think about you depending on your situation. This all came to me when a teacher asked me “Are you hangover?” even though there had been many times before this moment that I had been and no one had noticed. This time I truthfully was not. This got me thinking that this cannot have been fate or destiny that he asked me this. I do not know if it was the fact this is the first time I had ever been close to being caught out or maybe for once I wanted someone to notice and this is what I was projecting to this teacher.

Then this got me thinking even more about my situation. I was one small wrong move away from being caught. When had I got lazy and stopped covering my tracks. The fact was I had never been one to cover my tracks alone I would have help from my friends but now I knew that I never relied on my friends I relied on false hope in fate and destiny to cover my tracks. I had not become lazy I had just given up on every hope that I had. Now I know that from now on have to rely on myself to project the right image across to people to not do stupid things and blame fate or destiny but to blame myself forgive and move on and that is what I am going to do. This has made me realise that the way I was, was not someone that I wanted to be and not someone that I ever wanted to be again so I blamed myself ten forgave and now I am telling you so that anyone can read this and learn from my mistakes. And if you are reading this and thinking that is a load of rubbish then fine but maybe someday you will realise.