Hair Lecture | Teen Ink

Hair Lecture

April 29, 2012
By Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other
Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other
26 articles 17 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you're unwilling to be aware of the darkness, you cannot see the light."


I can't believe it. I went on a four hour hike with my mom today. We woke up at 5:30 am and arrived home at the same time in the afternoon. Guess what I get in return?

After I've taken a shower and eaten dinner I get the pleasure of having to listen to A STUPID LECTURE ABOUT HOW MY HAIR LOOKS!!! Nice, right? She goes something like: "You're getting to the age when you are old enough to blow dry your own hair." I protested so she goes on to tell me (I'll summarize so you don't have to go through the pain) that my hair looked good when I was younger, but now it looks horrible if I don't do anything to it.

Anyways, in the end after A LOT of her insisting (and me, laughing at her, and saying "ouch!" every time she brushes my face, instead of my hair, with the hair brush because she felt she HAD to blow dry it NOW, right before the grand occasion of doing my homework and going to sleep) through giggles I told her: "Fine. I'll blow dry my hair. Wanna see how I'll do it?" So after a few seconds of fiddling around with the blow dryer and looking for the "on" button (I think it’s clear I am a total expert at using it since I know it like the back of my hand), I turn it on and then place the hair dryer directly in front of my face. I look at the mirror to see the effect. My hair is flying out of control all around me and I'm just standing there laughing my head off like a lunatic while slightly grimacing because the air is very hot.

My mom turns away with an unsatisfied smile like "Man, she's impossible, it's like trying to convince a two year old she has to chew with her mouth CLOSED."

My mom.
I love her, but boy do we have different perspectives ...especially when it comes to looks.