Colorado | Teen Ink

Colorado

By remso16 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
remso16 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

Blue skies, rocky mountain tops, dark wood cabins. These are the things that come to my mind as I think about Colorado. Nothing is better than relaxing in my favorite vacation spot- Estes Park, CO.

The first thing I saw when I entered Colorado was the beautiful, snow-capped mountains. It was the prettiest picture I have ever seen! There were dark brown wooden cabins galore, and harmless wild animals grazed the land all around me. It was very different than the typical surroundings I am used to.

Hiking on the steep mountains and hilly ground was a way to absorb the unique atmosphere all around me. While we were climbing the mountains, you could hear the loud, gushing winds rustle through the tall pines, and the light rocks getting kicked around by other hikers. There were plants of all green shades and sizes, and gorgeous wild flowers everywhere you turned.

Getting to the top of the mountain was a great accomplishment. I felt free like a bird, as I saw the bright blue sky around me, and the animals munching the tasty food we gave them. The atmosphere had a cool, chilling feel because of the incredible elevation we had reached.

Hiking back down the rough mountain trails was a wild adventure. We passed many other exhausted families on their way up the narrow path. Finally I could glance down and see we were almost done. We finished and I felt like I had run a marathon! The feeling of accomplishment was great.

Cool, quiet, beautiful, relaxation. The feeling I feel when I visit Colorado is breathtaking. It is like home to me. I admire the vibrant atmosphere, and the feeling of being free. There is no other place I would rather be.