High School | Teen Ink

High School

March 11, 2011
By ChrissyP. SILVER, Cowpens, South Carolina
ChrissyP. SILVER, Cowpens, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Enjoy the small moments and not just the big ones. If you're not careful something could just pass you right by and you would never know it.


2006-2007
Eighth grade is almost over and we’re moving again. I should have known we’d move again. We always do. Mom and Dad started looking yesterday and think they’ve found one they like. I don’t care anymore it’s just a house. We started packing and will be moving during spring break. What a way to spend a break. I’ve seen the house and it’s nice enough at least a place to live. At least I don’t have to share a room with anyone. We’re in the new house, summers here and before I know it I’ll be a freshman.
2007-2008

Its freshmen year, I can’t believe I’ve made it to high school. My classes are good and I’ve even started hanging out with some old friends. Maybe this will be a good year and we won’t have to move. The year is almost over and once again we’re moving. Mom doesn’t want to rent a place anymore and the owners won’t let us buy. School seems to be going on like an endless ocean. Only it’s not calm there’s so much drama going on and I’m tired of it. Classes no longer hold my attention. We will move over spring break again. Mom’s found a cute little house, her words not mine. The new house is ok, but really small for seven people.

2008-2009

Sophomore year is ok I only have four classes. It’s only the second month of the school year and I’m ready to get out. Mom says we won’t move and I hope we don’t. I’m tired of moving. Jessica’s pregnant and Michael, Andy, and she are getting a place. The house seems bigger now that only four people have to share one bathroom. School’s over now and I’m heading off to teen lead camp. Two wonderful weeks away from my family, even though I know I’ll miss them.
2009- 2010

Junior year is here and when I got back from camp Jessica, Michael, and Andy all have moved back in. I’ve been back in classes for months; Jessica had a very cute little boy. He was born January 29, 2009. Its two months since he was born and the house seems really small once again. Spring break has come around and Mom says we’re moving and I couldn’t be happier. We get in the new house in no time and it’s nice to only have four people living under the same roof. School’s about to be out and all I have left is one more year.
2010-2011

Well it’s my senior year and I can’t wait to get out. I’ve gotten into the college I want to attend. The first part of the year flew by and now I only have three more months till my high school days are over. At least I haven’t had to move this year, but that’s going to change. I’m planning to get my own place after graduation. It’s the first time I’m actually happy to be moving. I get to pick the place and be the person to pay for everything. It’s scary, but I know I can do it. I’m just not sure how to tell my mom. Could always use her method, “guess what I’m moving” just spring it on her out of the blue. We’ll I’ll see I still got three months to tell her.