Boyfriends? | Teen Ink

Boyfriends?

February 28, 2011
By Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California
Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California
31 articles 0 photos 74 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whats The Point?


So let's say that you're in high school. It's your freshman year, and you've never had a boyfriend. It's the third quarter of the year, and your friends are just now learning that you have never had a boyfriend, and she just broke up with her boyfriend. Then she finds out that you have a few crushes on several boys in a couple of your classes. You're fourteen, and don't really know how to go about seeing if a boy likes you. You're really confused, and after a while, you learn that some of the guys that you had a crush on are jerks, and now you're down to one crush. And this one crush is confusing you, and you're confusing your friend. You decide to give up on this guy, because you've made it really obvious that you like him, and now you believe that the rest is up to him. Your friend doesn't quite understand that, even though you have given up on this guy, you still like him. So your friend asks this guy that you like if he likes you back. he says that he only likes you as a friend. You're okay with that. You have no problem with that. You still like this guy, even though you know that he doesn't like you back. But then, this guy starts acting like he likes you one day, then totally ignores you the next. This makes you even more confused. You decide that you don't care whether he likes you or not, you just want to get this out of your head. So then, a few weeks later, you overhear him talking to some other girls, saying that he was going to stay single for a while. You don't hear his reasons, but that's all you need to hear. You now know that he really wasn't all that into you, or he just doesn't want a girlfriend right now. So now you really give up on him. You decide to stop texting him, and you decide to stop thinking and talking about him. You know, and have always known, that you are staying single for a while, and you decide to do nothing about that. You decide that the guy has to make the first move now, no matter what. That is how you feel. That is what you are (or aren't) going to be doing now. And now you just hope that you can get back to life as you knew it, before all of this boy-drama started.

If you haven't noticed, this is a story of a girl. This is how my life has been the last few weeks, and this is what happened to me. I just found out that he doesn't want to date anyone for a while today. all I want to say now, is that if this is how you felt before your first boyfriend, then you shouldn't give up hope. That "special someone" will find you when you are both ready. Don't try to push it, because you could just end up pushing that one person away. I don't know what is going to happen between the two of us now, but I do know that whatever happens, I hope to be ready for it, whether it is good or bad.


The author's comments:
This has been my life for a while. i let my friends beliefs run mylife. as much as i like this guy, ans i like my friend, i shouldn't have let that run my life. now i know better, and hopefully, i wont go there again. i hope this has helped you, too. Thanks for reading it.