You Know | Teen Ink

You Know

By BurningRose SILVER, New Fairfield, Connecticut
BurningRose SILVER, New Fairfield, Connecticut

I dunno.

There is too much you don't know about me. There are maybe a handful of people who know the truth. These people know who they are. I told them everything. Their responses were always "Awwww!" or "I'm so sorry!". Except for two. Those two responses are the ones I will always remember because they made me feel like I wasn't alone. You two, you know who you are. You two are the closest people to me. You have saved me too many times more than you needed to, and have been there when I cry. You know how I feel because this has happened to you. The others, well of course I love them too. But it's like being a bird. A beautiful bird in a large cage. Imagine being a white bird in a cage of bluebirds. One day, when you think all hope is lost, you look around from your perch and see there ARE some other white birds. You tell them and you don't feel alone. You know you have friends. You know there are people who love you. You know that not everything is going to end. But, best of all...you know.

This is something I wrote about me and two of my friends. I will always look up to them.

I dunno.

thanks kristi :)

Anonymous1345, Scottsville, Virginia
I loved the metaphor you used with the birds!! That was very beautiful.