Paul McCartney Up and Coming Tour | Teen Ink

Paul McCartney Up and Coming Tour

By HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)

So I am a HUGE Beatles fan, and a really big fan of Paul McCartney's solo album. Over the summer, I, a fourteen year old, proudly went to the Paul McCartney concert here in Kansas City, Missouri. It was the concert of a lifetime and I honestly don't think anyone can top it. What made it so awesome, you might ask. Well, for starters, the lead singer of the greatest band of all time, The Beatles, came. I mean, I couldn't ask for more.
Secondly, McCartney played a variety of songs, from Helter Skelter, to Black bird, to Sing The Changes, To Highway.
Third, the concert was just shy of three hours, and McCartney didn't take a break, drink water, or anything throughout the entire thing. The only time him and the band went off stage was to get a different guitar or something. McCartney also used the exact same insterements that he used when he was in The Beatles, or Wings.
And last but deffinatly not least, McCartney still had the same energy, the same vocals, and the same techniques that everybody loved!
At the time of the concert, McCartney was fifty nine, and still doing the same energetic stuff that he would've done at a Beatles concert when he was younger. It was clear that Paul is still very young at heart.

I was reading a Q and A thing on his website, and one of the questions was why did you go through the whole concert with no breaks, water, or anything like that? And the answer from Paul McCartney himself was: That's the way we were trained. If we had to stop and take a water break in the middle of a show, people would make fun of us, we would lose fans, and people would think we weren't man enough. So growing up in The Beatles just made it so I don't need water then.
So here I am, reading this with my mind blown away on how a fifty nine year old man can do this, and I just had to wright about it.

That concert was seriously beyond words to me. When he played Hey Jude, thats when it hit me that this might be a once in a lifetime thing, and I am watching a member of the greatest band of all time preform. It was mind blowing.