the bestfriend, the boyfirend, and the girlfriend | Teen Ink

the bestfriend, the boyfirend, and the girlfriend

By KiaThais21 BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina
KiaThais21 BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina

"dont leave the one you love for the one you like...because the one you like will leave for the one they love" -unknown-

The pain inside me swelled as i read the conversation that was happening under Emily's changed Face book status.
"Who do you go out with now?" one girl asked.
"Someone" was Emily's response.
Who could it be? I was so ecstatic because i know Emily has been hurting due to her last relationship, so i was excited to see she found a new love interest.That is until i saw who it was.
"Austin Davis," was the answer from another friend. My heart instantly dropped at that moment. Of course the thought that crossed my mind was, How can she do this too me? I thought i could trust her.
Just then,an I.M. popped up from her. How should i react? Should i go off or be mature about it? Of course i decided to play it cool and acted all friendly. She on the other hand decided to mention it.
" You know I would never intentionally hurt you Tianna, I love you and your my best friend."
My answer was simple..."Dont worry about my feelings just tell me how it happened."
So there i got the answer...he liked her A LOT and she liked him a little as well, of course he doesn't know i liked him still and i want it to stay that way.
Emily and I met through Face-book before that we went on through school as nothing but students who went to the same school. After,our talk we became instant friends. That's when i found out she was cool with my boy Austin as well. After a few weeks of friendship i finally realized i could trust her enough to tell her i was a bit smitten towards Austin. She, of course, supported it. While, i was trying to talk to Austin, Emily was trying to talk to the new kid Don.
Well, long story short...Don didn't like her and Emily was heartbroken. That lasted for a few days, but sometimes i wish i could have been a little more careful with those two...i wish i couldve saw the signs.
However, i had no decision in fate...it's too late now. Apparently Emily and Austin are doing great...his family loves her and the three of us are still cool.Austin, of course, it still dumbfounded to my liking of him and Emily believes me when i say i don't like him anymore, which is true!
I honestly don't like him anymore. The more I see them together, the happier i get. This just shows me that one day i can find that special one and it took the hard way for me to realize Austin just wasn't that one. Good thing is we'll be attending the same high school and hopefully..I PRAY we'll stay cool friends.

This story is based on a true experience. Thankfully i got over it and Im now just moving on with life!

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Thank you! So was yours, I actually enjoyed reading it.

hey thxs hunny!!!! i actually think i'll like it so far ur work has been really good!

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

Thank you! If you're looking for something short to read, two of my fiction pieces "Comfort" and "You're Short" have been accepted.  They're both pretty small, especially "You're Short." I've also posted five chapters of my novel, but I doubt you'd want to read that much.  And thank you!

hey do u got any recommended stories that YOU wrote that i can read! i enjoy them alot actually :)

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

I'm sure it wasn't, but you made a good choice.

thank you! it wasnt easy!

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

This was great, very nicely written.  I'm glad you got over it, for your sake:)