Seventeen Years | Teen Ink

Seventeen Years

April 19, 2024
By beckp123 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
beckp123 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

17 years I have been on this earth and I have yet to meet someone as loving and as caring as my mom. When I am sick at 2 in the morning coughing she is the first person to get up and help me take my medicine and fall asleep. Everyday when I get home from school she is there waiting for me always asking, “ how was your day.” Warm hearted, caring, and devoted are just a few words to describe my mom. Out of all the moms in the world I am glad that you are mine. There are few people on this earth that I can go to for help or just to have a fun time with. Whether it's shopping, watching Tv, or just enjoying being with each other I love spending time with my mom. There is something about my mom that I haven't seen in many people. That is the ability to always be able to have a smile and always see the positive in everything. 


For 17 years my mom has always been there for me. For 17 years my mom has supported me through every good decision and bad decision I make. For 17 years my mom has been the glue to our family holding us together. For 17 years my mom has gone to all of my sporting events. For 17 years my mom has made the best meals every night. For 17 years my mom has taught me how to be respectful and kind to everyone. For 17 years my mom has always put herself over everyone else. For 17 years I have made memories with my mom tha will last a lifetime.


The author's comments:

This piece is for my mom.