Marching Band | Teen Ink

Marching Band

By CaydenH GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
CaydenH GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

What a fun year I had for marching band. Playing at the football games, watching the football games, lots of laughs and of course, hanging out with friends was the best. The crowds roaring for Arrowhead when they made a big play. Every time I got on the field to perform, I knew I had to do my best. I knew I had to play my heart out to make us sound good. Every game was fun, but my favorite one we performed at was the homecoming game because there was the pep rally, then a parade and the game was later that night

I remember the first game we played at. I had fun practicing with everyone, but when it came to the game, I got kind of nervous. My hands were shaking, started to sweat a little. But I got a little encouragement from one of our section leaders, Noah.

“Cayden, are you doing ok?” Noah asks me calmly

“Yeah, I’m just a little nervous because this is my first time being in marching band and I don’t know if I’ll sound good.”

“You will do good. I’ve listened to you during our rehearsals, you sound really good. Just think good times and play your heart out.”

To this day, I still think back to this conversation I had and this is something that keeps me going and tells me I can do anything.

This piece was supposed to be somewhat informal and I wanted to write a true story