A Blurred Dream | Teen Ink

A Blurred Dream

By Xuan PLATINUM, Charlottesville, Virginia
Xuan PLATINUM, Charlottesville, Virginia

Sleep more, worry less.

The room was filled with the smell of alcohol and rubber gloves, and it was the first thing I noticed. A plastic tube was lying next to me, and the flowing, transparent liquid was swimming inside. My vein was tasting it, bitter and filling me with grief. The room was completely silent as if I could hear the liquid flowing and my blood running quickly through my body. Outside the window, the leaves were green when I arrived and were finally replaced by an empty whiteness. Laughter no longer entered this room. The sun shone through the curtain, gently running on the floor, but it never had a chance to reach the bed that had been located at the inner side of the room. A pair of eyes could be recognized from the shadow. They used to be bright and profound, unlike now the only color which had reflected from them, is black. It had been absent too long, like a blurred dream.

Hello, this is Yuxuan. I am a junior high school student studying in the US, currently in Virginia. I usually read some books, like photography and writing short stories. Some personal story, hope you like it.