Magical | Teen Ink

Magical

By c2r5h BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
c2r5h BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I was in awe. It was beautiful, magical, and breathtaking. It was like I was being swept up into a world of pixie dust where dreams came true.

The streets were crowded with mouse ears and the music was noticeably happier. The warm Florida air made sweat inevitable, but I didn’t even care. There weren’t any problems.

With an ice cream treat in my hand, shaped into the familiar face of a mouse, my five year old self waltzed through the park. I took pictures with my favorite princesses whom I looked up to, and watched my brother meet his heroes. The day went on, but the magic never faded.

Through roller coasters, gift shops, and countless snacks, I remained on top of the world. Then I saw the statue of the man holding the familiar mouse’s hand. How did he do it? How did this man bring magic to every corner of the park and get happiness inside of every visitor? How can one man bring so much magic and where I can go to bring some home? Twelve years later the questions remain. How did you do it, Walt Disney?