Thankful | Teen Ink

Thankful

I am very thankful for many things in my life, or should I say people. I think that I am very fortunate to have them here with me. Everyone that I know has had an impact on my life somehow and my appreciation for them can’t be explained in words.

For beginners, I am thankful for my best friend, Katie Hodges. We have known each other and we have been friends for over two years and she has been there for me even when I didn’t think that I needed her. I love her as if she was my sister. When I laugh, she laughs, when I cry, she cries, and if I’m ever scared, she’s holding on to me the whole way telling me that everything is going to be ok (even if it isn’t.) She is like my guardian angel. She is with me in my heart every day. She is one of the best people that I have ever known. No one could ever have a friend as good as her.

Someone else that I am very thankful for is Wendell Branham. He is another one of my best friends. I am tell him anything or I can ask him any question and he understands. He knows what I have been through in my life and I found out that he has been through similar things. I rely on him. He wants only the finest for me and I am not afraid to ask for his true opinion. He is always there for me.

If I ever told Wendell that I hated him, he would say “I love you.” If I ever hit him, he would grab me and hold me tight and every time I have cried, he has caught every tear. I think that it would take a lot of courage to be able to do that so I know he cares. I thank him every day for being there for me. He turned both of our lives around just to make me happy. He won me over and I am very pleased.

Last but not least, I am extremely thankful for my one and only favorite cousin, James Earl (Jamie) Coffey. I loved having his as a part of my family and life. He had an enormous influence on the way I lived my life. This is because I looked up to him. I learned from what he did wrong. After his death my life got harder, but no matter what happens, Jamie is always going to be a part of me. He stole a piece of my heart that I’m never going to get back. I am always going to miss him and I wouldn’t trade the whole world for a second of time that I spent with him.

Once again, I am thankful for every person that I know. I appreciate having my loved ones around and I adore having people around that are willing to help me and love me for who I am.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."