Hiroshima | Teen Ink

Hiroshima

By thefelix12 GOLD, San Jacinto, California
thefelix12 GOLD, San Jacinto, California

Can one person suffer yet help many people during a tragic bombing? They’re each other’s helpers and a chance to keep going forward. As if they can feel another person’s suffering and understand what they’re going through. They are coming from a losing position and the survivors realized that they have to make the most out of their life. Six survivors who suffered the same impact from the bomb are also something to these wounded people of Hiroshima. These six survivors are leaders, thoughtful, and memorable people that don’t let other citizens needs take the best of them and won’t let something happen to them if they wouldn’t like it themselves.

Mr. Tanimoto is trying his best to get some money to Hiroshima and begin something new. He took three trips to America and the thought of the people’s needs he continued supporting. In Hiroshima, the people are suffering and it’s in his hands to bring them back on their feet with his own needs. Like a leader not seen in Hiroshima, Mr. Tanomto is taking his voice as a pastor to speak about his people. Nothing is holding him back from truly being there to those that need it most.

Meanwhile, Mr. Tanimoto worries and blames himself because he cannot get the help from doctors for the suffering people back at the park. Furthermore, Father Kleinsorge never knows when the time runs out before those civilians that counted on them die. Making the most of everything around him, Father Kleinsorge made a straw out of a piece of grass and fed water to the men. Father Kleinsorge can infer that these men are extremely tired and dehydrated. Father Kleinsorge and Mr. Tanimoto suffer from having small amounts of energy because everything they’ve done for the people’s needs. If the six survivors are seeing the other people’s needs consume them physically and emotionally they’ll try to slow it down.

Suddenly Mrs. Nakamura could see the destruction from the bomb but didn’t let it get into her head. Her children disappeared under the broken house and felt heartbroken when seeing their panicked body. When entering the house again she seen a sewing machine and used it as inspiration and safety. On the other hand, Dr. Sasaki is being haunted by the only thing he does in his life and it’s him against the needs of many people. People are fighting their way to get the attention of Dr. Sasaki even though he still has more to treat. He can infer that no doctor ever imagined a day like it and many nurses were badly injured to help. They have everything but not enough to carry them through the disaster and taken other people’s needs along with them.

The survivors are incredible people that understand each and every person with trouble. In all honesty, there act of thoughtfulness is only something between them and that one person. Being memorable is giving the people the power to keep moving on without exhaustion. The thought of being a leader makes all their needs a small relief because there is someone who can really provide them with care. These survivors are hustlers when it comes to recovery from extreme exhaustion, pain, and suffering but show to be someone that puts the needs of others with theirs.