My hero | Teen Ink

My hero

My hero
My mom is my everyday hero. She is always there for anything I need and will help me with everything. She is the most calm, candid, and caring mother. She is the most thoughtful person ever, like she knows that I love vanilla-scented items. So every time that I need a pick me up she will get me a vanilla candle or perfume. She lives life to the fullest and always makes time for me and my sister. She puts others before herself which is one of the reasons I love her.
There is this particular moment that has stuck out to me and is the reason I call her my hero. Last year during my sophomore year I was having a stressful week. I had test after test and so much homework I was drained and having the hardest time focusing. My mom realized immediately that something was off about me but wanted to give me space and see if I could figure it out by myself. But I couldn't, I came down one night bawling my eyes out because I was so overwhelmed and stressed with school. She comforted me and told me as many times as I needed that I was gonna be okay. I knew she had a big meeting tomorrow for work and I had to go to school so we both went to bed after an hour of talking.
The next morning I woke up and I was fully rested. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 8:15 A.M. I thought to myself Oh my gosh! I am going to be late to school. I sprinted to get ready and ran downstairs to see my mom eating her breakfast. I told her that I needed her to take me to school but I questioned her at the same time about why she didn't wake me up. She calmly told me that she turned off my phone alarm and called me into school for a well-needed mental health day. She also said that she postponed her big meeting to spend time with me. At that moment my heart was full, I was so grateful for her. She stopped everything she was doing that day for me. She knew I needed her but knew that I wouldn't ask her for a day like this. My mom is the most darling, devoted, and dependable person. She is someone I can always count on. She will always be my everyday hero.