What the United States Flag Means To Me | Teen Ink

What the United States Flag Means To Me

By UnweptChicken91 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
UnweptChicken91 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

What The United States Flag Stands For

What is the American flag? Is it liberty and equality for all? Or maybe to show our freedom, and peace? Could it be loyalty and faith? What does it stand for?

The American Flag is respected. Respected for the soldiers that risked their own lives for that flag to stand, for that flag to whistle with the wind. The flag is respected for all the hope that is given through laborious times. Through the arduous times this nation has been through, the flag still stands high, and proud. All the while, the people look up with respect.

The American flag is a beam of truth. Truth to the people. Truth to the courts. Truth to our lives. It radiates the thought through everyone's body in the form of goosebumps, as we all harmonize before a sports event in the national anthem. As we all Harmonize as the future of our nation stands and pledges allegiance.

The American flag is our freedom. Freedom our soldiers fought for. Freedom and justice for all. Freedom to speak our minds. The American flag screams freedom. 

There is more than just stars and stripes on this prominent flag. There is more than the meanings of the red and white. There is respect. There is truth. There is freedom. There is everything in your heart and soul on that flag.