The new boy | Teen Ink

The new boy

By khalilthompson BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
khalilthompson BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

One cold morning, In Williston Town, the wind blew extremely harsh blowing into Lee face. He was a corner away from his house waiting for his bus to come. Lee didn't have any friends he was alone a lot and he liked to play sports. 

Lee wasn't like everyone else he was unique, His advantage from everyone else was he could use his powers when playing the sport he most admire.A couple months past, Lee still had no friends of his own. Basketball tryouts was right around the corner, The next day he had conversations with the coaches also getting to know the players, he was starting to feel comfortable by the time tryouts came around. The day of tryouts Lee made sure that he had a plan to impress everyone. His plan was to show the coaches what he had, lee could dunk, lee could shoot from wherever.

Basketball season came around quickly, coaches were impressed by lees skill and communication on the school's basketball team. Lee was feeling the school spirit finally, he didn't feel alone anymore. He felt known for once everyone knew who lee was. He became the most attractive guy in school. Every girl wanted him but he was never focused on the females he was focused on his favorite sport and Grades.

On a cold night at the home game, the guys were getting ready to play one of there defensive teams. Lee had forgotten about it all, he was home sleeping until his mom came in the room “ Lee don’t you have a game today?” Lee starts to remember he has a game and quickly rushes to change into his uniform. Lee asked his mom “who can give him a ride to his game it was at 6?” His mom answers “there's the new neighbors next door, his daughter can take you, I'll ask her.” Lee rushes next door and knocks three times the girl comes out, She was tall beautiful and out of this world. He has never seen a girl like her, she says, “Are you the boy who need a ride to the game” he answers “yes, we have to go like now, They get in the car and start to be on their way.

Two minutes into the first quarter, Lee makes it and takes his jacket and backpack off and rushes to sit on the bench to be called in. he wasn't focused on if the girl left or stay to watch the game. He wanted to be placed and finally the coach called him in, he was ready to show off. He is playing, he can move faster than others and they wouldn't notice. He also can read minds and know where the other team was planning, he looks at the the bleechers and seen the girl was there watching him. He felt special he felt like he knew her already.  

It's the last 2 minutes of the last quarter, Lee’s school team are up by 20 points they knew they won. He was feeling cocky,The girl walks up to Lee congratulates him and he completely ignore her. She says “ you can at least say thank you, I wonder whos gonna give you a ride home mister Lee the wanna be” he felt offended he never had a girl talk to him like she did, he also felt something he never felt before. He answers “ Thank you whatever your name is and you know i need that ride please” walking to the car she tells him “ my name is Lucy and I'm from New Hampshire in a town named Lily, im new to williston” he answered “Nice to meet you lucy welcome to town”. She started driving and they went home …. ( part 2 coming soon)