Mr. White, AP Economics | Teen Ink

Mr. White, AP Economics

June 11, 2011
By Gettysburg63 PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Gettysburg63 PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin
23 articles 1 photo 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." -General George S. Patton


Mr. White is the best teacher I have ever had. AP Economics is the most challenging course I have ever been faced with. Throughout my junior year I was faced with many challenges, from my rigorous classes to my many extra-curriculars. But he has helped greatly with both and I will be forever grateful for that help and junior year would have been much harder to survive without it.

The things he has done for students have been above and beyond a teacher’s call of duty. He amazingly had many review secessions outside of school and without pay; to help us students master this difficult subject. Anytime of the day he was willing to give to any student in need. Not only that, but he also helped out with the school’s Academic Decathlon Team on countless occasions. Some teachers even think twice before they offer their time to help. But with Mr. White this is surly not the case.

Through these actions he has inspired students to never give up, even against the strong tides of microeconomics. He has taught me what it means to serve others for their improvement. And though times in my future may be stormy I can always remember the service, strength and hardworking attitude I learned in AP Economics. If not supply and demand.