My English Teacher, Ms. Gaines | Teen Ink

My English Teacher, Ms. Gaines

June 6, 2011
By snailkisses PLATINUM, Malden, Massachusetts
snailkisses PLATINUM, Malden, Massachusetts
31 articles 14 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"so you're tired of living, and you feel like you might give in? well don't. it's not your time." - a better place a better time // streetlight manifesto


When I see the words "Educator of the Year," I think immediately of the woman who has been there for me as an educator and as a friend, my English teacher. Ms. Gaines is the most amazing teacher I've ever had and she's helped me through everything from being sexually assaulted to friend problems to needing a new book to read. One time, she sang us a song so we'd understand the lesson! She isn't like any other teacher I've had, she's helped me through everything, and she's been there for me when I really needed someone. I know she is so much more than the educator of the year, because she's the educator of the century, of all time. I really don't know what I'll do next year when I have a bad day and I won't be able to eat lunch in her room, or ask her for advice in editing my book. Just the little things have helped me make it through all my problems. Ms. Gaines is a smart, beautiful woman who is my best friend and my favorite teacher, and I see her as the most amazing educator of the year.


The author's comments:
Ms. Gaines is the most amazing teacher of all time, and surely the educator of the year.