"The Best Educator Ever" | Teen Ink

"The Best Educator Ever"

By 11pancho BRONZE, Prosser, Washington
11pancho BRONZE, Prosser, Washington

10% is what happens in life and 90% is how you react to it

There have been many educators in my life. All of them have helped me develop many skills that have helped me in my education career. Some of them stand out more than others that have guided me through the years. One teacher that will always stand out in my life is my 5th grade teacher, Miss Donnelly. Without her, I don’t think that I would be where I am today.

Miss Donnelly was more than just a teacher; she was a friend to me and my family. She didn’t have any other children, so she treated me like one of her own. She didn’t hold my hand through school; she made me work hard to achieve the goals that I had set for myself. For example to make a better life for myself than my parents had. Also she made sure that I didn’t try to take the easy way out in my schoolwork.

I had other good teachers, don’t get me wrong, but Miss Donnelly stood out as the best for me. She took a special interest in me that no other teacher had, and I thought that it was really cool. I remember one time at a conference she said that I was probably one of the best students that she had ever had.

Another great thing about Miss Donnelly was that she wasn’t just a teacher; she was a good friend too. I knew that I could tell her anything that was going on in my life, no matter what it was. She loved her job, and that made it better to get along with her, when she actually liked helping me out. She was very kind and caring to my problems, whatever they would be.

Out of all the teachers I’ve had over the years, I chose Miss Donnelly as my favorite. Miss Donnelly should win as the best educator because she helped me grow as a person, she helped me choose the right path, and she was a good friend that actually listened and paid attention to me. She will always be my favorite, and I know that she will always be there for me if I ever need her.