Aubrey Drake Graham | Teen Ink

Aubrey Drake Graham

By Audrey8162 BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
Audrey8162 BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana

Aubrey Drake Graham, also known as Drake, is a Canadian rapper, music producer, songwriter, and actor who was born on October 24, 1986. Drake’s career began at the age of fifteen when he starred in a popular Canadian TV show known as Degrassi: The Next Generation. After starring in Degrassi, Drake’s career as a musician began. He self-released multiple mixtapes before releasing So Far Gone, which became very popular because it featured artists like Lil’ Wayne and Trey Songz. Songs like “Best I Ever Had” became instantly popular. A couple of years later, Drake released another album, Thank Me Later, which also became popular very quickly. Soon after releasing Thank Me Later, Drake hosted his first OVO Festival, which is a music festival he puts on yearly. Soon after hosting his first OVO Festival, he released another album called Take Care. This album became extremely popular in a short amount of time, some songs even making the Billboard Top One Hundred. “Headlines”, which was released as a single, made it on the Billboard Top One Hundred. The third and fourth singles released from that album, “The Motto” and “Take Care” became popular because one featured Lil’ Wayne and the other featured Rihanna. In the years 2012-2015, Drake released three huge albums, Nothing Was the Same, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, and What a Time to Be Alive. If You're Reading This It's Too Late sold over one million units when it was released on iTunes in 2015 with no prior announcement. What a Time to Be Alive is a mixtape that Drake released with a fellow rapper, Future. In 2016, Drake released Views before going on his Summer Sixteen world tour. Drake is a very accomplished and popular musician, who started from the bottom and made it here.