Procrastination | Teen Ink

Procrastination

By never-tire-of-doing-write BRONZE, Concordia, Missouri
never-tire-of-doing-write BRONZE, Concordia, Missouri

"don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that because what the world needs is people who have come alive."-Howard Thurman

I pressed the space bar 900 times before I began this. It took about 6 or 7 minutes, but if you average it out, that's one click a second for 15 minutes. All that time that could've been used writing this that I'll never get back.
Some of you are probably thinking "man what a dumb way to spend your time. Doesn't he have something better to do?" The answer is yes, but that's not my point. Sometimes with a hard task it's easier to put it off and save it for later than to do it right when you're told. You're more relaxed and really, life hasn't changed much. Except for the fact that, 900 clicks later, you still have that one thing to do.

Wouldn't it be better if you just did it at the time. Sure the initial effort is hard to find inside one's self, but think of the benefits. If you choose to do that one chore, or that one homework assignment, or whatever at the time, you'll not only be free from that task, but also you'll have more time to do other things later.

Think of it as something you're dragging along with you. You could be free of it if you were just willing to put in the effort to do it, but since it's not effecting your life too much right now, you choose to live with it.

Why would you live with an extra weight on your life? Why not choose to do something about it and then be able to live life more freely later? It makes sense to me.

I just had the thought to write about procrastinating. It was mainly from a humorous standpoint when I first thought to do it, and some of that is probably still in here. However, I feel like I do have some good points whether it was from a humorous standpoint or not.

RunSlimmerRun, Warrensburg, Missouri
This stuff on here is pretty good. Keep up the good work. :)