Myrna & Emilio C., Parents | Teen Ink

Myrna & Emilio C., Parents MAG

By Anonymous

   A hero rescues a damsel in distress ... a hero is looked up to because of his amazingskills in basketball ... I don't have a hero as flamboyant as these. My parents are my heroes, which soundsdull at first, since most people look up to their parents. But mine saved my life.

They've given melove. They've supported and helped me with many things. They saved me from drowning in my own tears.All through my school career, I've been depressed. My so-called friends talked behind my back and otherssecretly made fun of me. They pulled my strings like a puppet and tricked me into doing their work. Butoverall, almost everybody ignored my existence. I became heavy-hearted. Suicidal thoughts? Maybe. Ididn't know who to turn to or what to do. My parents noticed the change and asked what was going on andwhy I didn't want to go to school. I blurted out everything, and told them what I'd been hiding for a longtime. They listened and comforted me. Both told me to be positive and to ignore those who hurt me. I shouldbe free as a bird and fly out of the mockery of those people. I thanked them shyly and went about mylife.

What I didn't tell them was that I'd wanted to end my life before they talked to me. I don'tknow if I'll ever tell them, but they truly are my heroes. They aren't like Michael Jordan or the prince whosaves the princess, but they will always be heroes in my heart.