Goodbye Old Lover | Teen Ink

Goodbye Old Lover

February 7, 2009
By Shandalee GOLD, Sunset, Utah
Shandalee GOLD, Sunset, Utah
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am me. I'm not you. I'm not anyone else. I am me. Reguardless of what you say or how you try to change me; I am me. Don't expect me to convert to your ideal image of what i should be. I am me.


-Shanda Allen-


The tears fall ever so slowly down y cheek. Every tear carries a part of my heart's burden. Maybe someday enough tears will have been shed to carry away all the burden that makes my heart ache with agonizing pain. But each time the burden is almost gone, you add to it. Making it impossible for my heart to be released from your captive chains. The words " I love you" slice deeply into my flesh, as I remember all those words and things you said to me. All the things that you said that cut deep. You were just using me, so you didn't have to be alone. Didn't you ever think about the pain you were causing me? Of course you didn't; your thoughts always surrounded yourself. All the sweet things you would say to me that I believed you really meant, they were nothing real and you didn't mean them. If only you could comprehend the love and devotion I put into "us". But you were to busy putting that devotion into your lies and the crimes you committed to my heart behind my back. I never meant anything to you. I never did. But I truly believed we had something magical. I shared myself with you.I gave you my heart; but I'm taking it back. I found someone new; someone who really means it when he says "I love you". Someone I can trust my heart with. I love him and he loves me; something our relationship never had. I was the only one loving. My new guy, well he is taking away the pain you left. He makes me happy and I feel loved when I'm with him. I can finally let you go and move on. I'm in love with someone new and I want to be with him forever. I'm letting you go now... Goodbye... I hope you find what you've been looking for... Goodbye Old Lover...


The author's comments:
This piece hits me deep. Even though I'm in high school and lots of people say that high school relationships are silly well you're quite wrong. High school relationships are the beginning of finding true love. That's why this piece cuts so deeply is that I thought I found my soul mate and such. But I was wrong I found someone who hurt me and put me through depression but I've moved on as you can see from the contents of my piece. I've learned that you can fall in love again and let go of the pain and move on. I hope that when you read this you find peace and that it helps you in whatever ways you need it to.