I Am a Writer | Teen Ink

I Am a Writer

Friday night lights illuminate the game field, as the football athlete will soon put on his helmet, a writer will sharpen their pencil. Soon the football player will fire out and stay low, explosive to take out the defender. While this is taking place, the writer’s ink paints a picture of thoughts and emotions. And at the end, the score of the football game determines how good the athlete performed and the piece of work the writer produced determines how good his writing really was.
Writing has always been part of life, and there’s one particular story I have, that depicts how I’m decent at it. Last year in my Modern American Literature class, my grade was suffering greatly. With the year coming to an end, and holding a failing grade, I had to do something. We were assigned a final paper, and if I didn’t do something spectacular, I was easily going to fail the class for the year. So I spent my time on the paper and actually did very well on it. From than on I realized that I can be a good writer, if I take the time to do so.
Even though writing can have its dull moments, it holds essential importance. Writing importance to me is being able to really experiment with my emotions, thoughts, and everything else I can put on paper to exercise my brain and knowledge. I think everyone needs to write in order to intellectually advance in life, because writing can teach you many life lessons.
Some may think that I only write in school, but it’s really the only time I can actually take my time on that kind of stuff. I consider writing in school not as a punishment though, but rather as a get away from the norm. Writing can take me to a world in which I can do what ever I desire. There are no limits, restrictions, or boundaries. And that’s why I am a writer.