Please Protect Our Environment! | Teen Ink

Please Protect Our Environment!

April 10, 2010
By Physics981 PLATINUM, York, Pennsylvania
Physics981 PLATINUM, York, Pennsylvania
38 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Failures help one grow as a person.


Our environment right now is in serious jeopardy because of our activities creating a misbalance of natural factors. We face many natural dangers like global warning, air pollution, water pollution, lack of coal, oil, gas, and etc… If we keep doing what we currently do, not for long, the world will become a dismal place as we have seen it thousands of years ago. To supply our needs of technology, coal, gas, and oil are necessary to be taken from Earth. But it is not right to totally blame those who did this because their goals are to supply us. Therefore, the responsibility of protecting the Earth is not just the people who are directly involved in destructive activities but it is of everyone.
I think the first step we can do to help the environment starts from the homes. All persons need to be informed to recycle and save as much natural resources as they could. Meanwhile, scientists need to create or discover substitutions for those natural resources so we can stop digging materials from the Earth which I think may create a foundation for future disasters. Engineers need to research and manufacture cars, and other electrical necessities to run on the minimum energy. By doing these, I think it would help reduce the use of electricity, gas, oil, and other materials to give the scientists time to come with what they can. However, as mentioned, little things are the start of this. WE as individuals need to be responsible with our actions everyday because they do not only affect ourselves but others as well. We need to pick up trash to reduce pollution, recycle to reduce use of resource, save energy to reduce the effort of producing electricity, and we need to watch carefully everything we do. With the effort of everyone is trying, I strongly believe that we have the ability to save and protect our environment for future generations to come.