The Tulip | Teen Ink

The Tulip

By Dogs03 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Dogs03 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

My grandma had this tulip. It lived for such a long time, standing strong. 

My grandma was in love with the tulip. She fell in love with it at first sight.The tulip had the best personality of all the flowers. it would make my grandma laugh everyday. 

The tulip would thrive when an old fashioned car could be heard. He loved old fashioned cars, going to car shows to look at them and even build them from scratch.   

Even my dad, who doesn’t really like flowers, was in love with the tulip. The tulips had a personality just like my dad. They showed love by being hard on you. Picking fights to make you realize what you did was wrong. 

One day that tulip got very sick and started to wither away. My grandma and family were sad. That tulip was important to everyone. It brought a smile to everyone's faces

The tulip thrived when having old country music, if it could sing the songs, it would be in a raspy voice. 

It had to take medicine every night, but it never got sick enough that it wasn’t  itself. That he wasn’t himself.  

It was hard for my grandma. She had cared for the flower until the end. She won’t be giving the tulip his medicine anymore, or having to make his food. She won’t have to tell him  not to eat junk food, because he  will get unhealthy again. 

My grandma got back to normal lifestyle about a year to 2 years after my grandfather  had died, because of her sons. She started taking care of her animals: dogs, cats, horses, chickens, and pheasants. Her sons helped her clean out things that needed to be cleaned out.  

My grandpa will never be forgotten by anyone in my family.