BRITTANY | Teen Ink

BRITTANY

By kajabrittany GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
kajabrittany GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Anything is possible, if you want it bad enough ~ Glenn Travis

BRITTANY

My name first appeared in 1971. It’s not very popular. I’m the only Brittany I know.

In Spanish my name means unique. Like a purple tulip in a field of red roses. In English it means Happy, like walking into a mansion filled with puppies or kittens. 

The good thing about my name is that it comes with a handful of nicknames. My mom always calls me Beezley. my brothers call me B or “brat”. My dad usually just calls me britt. 

When I think of my name as a person I think of a tall skinny blonde with blue eyes. I am a medium height person, skinny, and blue eyed—but I have my mothers natural hair color, dark brown. 

When I think of my name I think of the movie mean girls. People have always told me I sound like a mean girl because of my name. They tell me that they thought of me as a bully, someone who would purposely hurt them and laugh at their pain.The main girl in Mean Girls is Regina George. In the beginning of the movie she is a girl that most kids hate because of her bad behavior and the way she made people feel, however in the end she is one of the sweetest girls ever and everyone wants to be her friend.

My name is like the sweet smell of french toast with cinnamon on it. It’s pronounced smoothly, like a harmony. It looks like a beautiful manicured garden, with everything in its place all in rows getting watered to keep it growing big and beautiful. It feels like a thick warm blanket getting placed over you on a freezing cold night. My name is a sour patch kid candy, at first you may think I’m sour, but in the end I’m pretty sweet. 

My name represents me as a shy girl at first—but once you get to know me I won’t stop talking. I think that’s what makes me, me. My name can resemble a handful of things. To my friends it may resemble some inside jokes, but to my family and I it resembles a sweet girl who works hard in life and has big goals.

I heard my name a lot growing up because when my brothers did something wrong the famous saying was “Brittany did it”. but now that I’m the only one at home I don’t hear my name a whole lot. the whole house just got put on mute almost. It feels as if a big dark storm cloud came over my house and won’t go away. The only time I see the bright sun rays come through is when my family and I all get together whether it be on a vacation or sitting at home playing some games. 

I don’t think I would ever change my name.My name brings me joy. When I write my name out it feels like I’m painting a masterpiece. My pencil flows smoothly across the paper like the fresh rain drops flowing through the soil to hydrate each and every rose in the big field.

My name is Brittany, I'm a 17 year old junior attending High School. I wrote a piece about my name because many people tell me their first thoughts about me all based on my name. In this piece you will learn about my name and some of the background to it. I hope you enjoy it.