True Greatness of Mind | Teen Ink

True Greatness of Mind

By ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts
ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts

"you can close your eyes to everything you do not want to see, but you can not close you heart to things you do not want to feel"

“Great minds think alike”
One mind’s critique:

At one point in life almost every has heard this saying, one time or another; usually with a shared laugh and a shared thought. Yet, doesn’t it seem to give off the wrong message? In truth, the greatest of mind were those who thought differently. Greatness is found in individual excellence, in thinking in a way that no one has ever thought before. The proof is with the people; if everyone thought like Einstein he wouldn’t have been very famous would he? If there was any truth in those words then where would we be? If every great mind thought of inventing the toaster, then we would live in a world full of toasters but no microwaves. If every great mind excelled in math where would the artists be? If every musician thought the same we might live in a world with only one playlist. Today we live in a world with billions of different perspectives and the greatest of them will think like never before.

i hope this will inspire people to break away form the sea of gray and into brilliant color. instead of following a well trodden oath of mediocrity dare to be excellent in your own totally unique way