Anti-Racism Education Act | Teen Ink

Anti-Racism Education Act

December 30, 2010
By BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York
BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York
35 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Ironically, dreams are what drives our reality." - myself


Today in America, racism is a heavily overlooked subject, among all races. From personal experience, in schools and other public areas, I have been a victim of verbal, reverse discrimination by my fellow peers. I feel that if you are anywhere and you feel uncomfortable about who you are, what religion you practice or what race or ethnicity you are then you are not in America and I feel such acts of reverse discrimination and any other forms of discrimination is simply Un-American and grossly wrong and offensive. I feel to better help this issue is for all schools from elementary school to high school, should instate mandatory anti-racism courses for all students to further educate the students about how wrong and unjust, racism is and how it effects the fellow man. I feel in doing so will greatly reduce hate crimes and gang activity alike, as they are now educated more in the social issue that is racism. This act will only be beneficial to the American people and will help shape young and future Americans into self-respecting and honest people. This will also bring the American people much more together as a whole in that they are now educated about other ethnic group's backgrounds and how similar they really are to one another. Instating such an act to schools all across America will not at all be meet with backlash as it is in favor of a just and peaceful cause. Thank you for your time for reading for what I have to say and I hope to see your opinion about my idea.

The author's comments:
Consider this proposition and it will change our America for the better in the years to come.