Operation Beautiful | Teen Ink

Operation Beautiful

August 10, 2010
By DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other
6 articles 7 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is giving someone the power to destroy you - but trusting them enough not to.


"The mission of Operation Beautiful is to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough... just the way you are!" - Catlin, the editor of Operation Beautiful

Operation Beautiful is a wonderful website that shows women around the world that we are all beautiful and that you don't have to look a certain way. Everyone sees the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, cheerleader, with the perfect boyfriend, the perfect weight, and all the money, or the muscular, blonde, football quarterback, that everyone drools over. But what some women, and men, don't see is that no one has to fit the 'mould' that society gives us.

When reading through a magazine like Us Weekly on almost every page you see the girl, or guy, everyone wants to be. Operation Beautiful is, in one sentence, the website that says no to the mould of society. They say don't change because someone wants you to. Not everyone is cut out to be a model and we need to see that. Companies airbrush to make the model's look unattainable, often even by the model herself.

Don't give in to the pressure of today. I know that after I had visited Operation Beautiful I went through our school and posted notes saying, "You are beautiful, you don't need to change for someone else. <3", because it is true.


The author's comments:
Visit http://operationbeautiful.com/ and send in your pictures of the notes you left around your community because it may just help someone.