Who am I? | Teen Ink

Who am I?

February 23, 2008
By Anonymous

Who am I? I am a friend, a writer, a poet, an athlete, a student, a friendly face, an inspiration. I help out when I can, and enjoy it far too much. No, I am not a straight A student, but I do my hardest and I get A’s and B’s regularly. Yes, I have my bad days, but I make sure not to let them get the better of me. Why do that? I believe our actions effect people around us more than they ever should. If you’re in a bad mood, first it ruins your day, and worse the person next to you’s.
I learned that a single smile can bring light to the darkest of days, so I do it as often as I can. I love my school. We are the braves, we are brave. That’s not measured by how smart we are, we have some bright ones, and some not so bright, but we follow our rules like our life depends on it, and as a middle schooler, it truly does. Be safe, be respectful, be responsible, as irritating as that line got, it’s probably one of the best, and simplist, ones I’ve ever heard. That’s nearly all you need to succeed, and if you give respect, you’re respected in return. And let me tell you, if you don’t already know, the feeling to be respected, is incredible. It’s heart-warming.
I am an individual, I don’t blend into the crowd, I let the crowd blend into me, I’m a non-conformist, and I’m proud. I think everyone should think, and not worry about what your best friend will think of your out fit or your true thoughts, worry about what you think of them. Change for no one, but yourself. Or better yet, my motto, don’t hold back. Maybe you don’t understand what I mean by that, so I’ll tell you. It means when you care about someone, let them know when you’re dreams are infront of you, don’t think it through, go for them. When you want something, don’t let anything stop you, it means effort, give life your all, it’s the only one you’re going to get. Sometimes I get sad because I know that what I did yesterday, or last week, or even last year; will never come again. Make every day worth it, life’s strictly a one shot process, do what you can with it. All I know is, I’m not waiting around to see what happens to me, I’m going to get up and go places, do things.
One of the major things that led me to my beliefs is, middle school. Middle school hit me harder than the lightning strike of the year. It brought on tears, understanding, education, the fighter in me, the peacemaker, my real thoughts, real desires, who I am, who I want to be. The teachers befriended me, no questions asked, I did my best to return the favor. I love my teachers, all of them; maybe I am a “teacher’s pet”. It came on unintentionally, promise.
If there was a place that impacted people so well that I wish every child, every person could experience, it would be my school. So what if we don’t have top- notch supplies, we have everything important. We have the sturdy backs of our teachers to hold the school up, the wisdom of our principals or vice principals. Have faith in me, I’ll return the favor.