Life Is A Battle Field | Teen Ink

Life Is A Battle Field

By Ritamc SILVER, Bayside, New York
Ritamc SILVER, Bayside, New York

So the Other Night I had a fight with my parents. Typical teenage stuff right? Well i went in the basement to get more napkins, when i realized, my life's a battle.

You know that song the climb, By Miley Cyrus? That type of stuff. Spooky, right? Anyway i was thinking about how my life since day one has been a battle. Pre-school, to learn our ABC's and be potty trained. 3rd grade, the state tests. 5th grade, going on to the More TOUGHER battle field, called middle school. So that thought brought me back to another old quote i had:

Middle School is a battle field, where knives are contently used for backstabbing, and bandages for healing old wounds. Allies are made, and enemies formed. Where hearts are found, and souls lost. It's a journey no one wants to repeat, but it happens anyway.

Deep, but true right? Well anyway, that brings me to another point. Does that battle ever really end? So here's another Quote i made to keep you thinking:

Life is a war, us it's fighters. Everyday, and every night, men and woman die for no reason. Or is there one? We all fight, moving up the ranks. Until, we reach our goal, and rule the world. Yet, we still keep fighting. Why? Because we are all power obsessive Humans, That's Why. It stays like that until the end.Where our battle finally ends.

The part, in the quote about middle school is depressing right? Well to tell the truth, that battle never really ends. In the second quote i mention "moving up the ranks", and in the first, "Backstabbing". Those are two key points in life, as sad as it may seem. In school, the backstabbing is for the more social types, moving up the ranks to become one of them. Another word for it "popularity". That "Disgusting" word, that causes so much commotion in our lives.

Which brings me to another point. Why are there "ranks" in our society? Aren't all people the same? We are all HUMANS, for crying out loud. Why give anyone person, better treatment? We should all be equal. If we didn't have "ranks", or "backstabbing" in our everyday lives, we COULD achieve world peace. Am i wrong for putting some sense into our everyday lives?

Than again, this is REALITY. Not a made-up world in LALA land. Therefore, there many never be world peace, or a life without "backstabbing" or "ranks". Yet, couldn't we try to minimize those two aspects in our everyday lives?

Anyway, i resolved the issue with my parents. It takes a strong & Brave person, to be the bigger person in a situation. Yet, i did it. Maybe we should try to be bigger, and face our fears to overcome evil. Maybe then, we could achieve world peace, without losing ourselves completely. We could demolish the idea that our lives are wars, and make it part of the past. Because to live in present and eventually the future, you must first learn to let go of the past.

Think About It......
;)

My inspiration was the hardships of life that was surrounding me everyday. I decided to let it out in the open, and this is a piece from my blog. Which is here to help people.

Nikray said...
Captivated from the start! Felt like I was the girl, walking through the field, into the house, up the stairs. I saw the vivid colors, smelled the cookies! Wished it was a much longer story!
Great job!

Tiffani20 SILVER, Rome, New York
I totttally agree!!Escpiallly with "Middle school is a battlefield..."

kamenice said...
I totally agree with your perspective. I can relate to the part where you said "Middle School is a battlefield, where knives are contently used for backstabbing, and bandages are used for healing old wounds." I know how it feels when you're in this position. I also thought it was interesting when you said "Why are there 'ranks' in our society? Aren't all people the same?" This made me ponder this question because we ARE all the same. I found your article insightful and inspiring. You chose a unique topic and really interested me.