The Emotions Of Voting | Teen Ink

The Emotions Of Voting

By AmberAHS SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
AmberAHS SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Voting is confusing. Voting to me is confusing because it seems like my vote wouldn’t matter. When in reality I just don't know exactly how important voting is in different aspects. I don't know much about voting because I just know the basics and nothing in depth about it. Because I learned about it when I was 13 years old and I don’t think I really understood what voting was at that time. This has made me read and research more about voting and politics. Which has given me an understanding of politics and what both sides agree and disagree on. 

Voting is scary. Voting is scary to me because people are voting for who is going to have all of these crazy responsibilities for four years. People could vote for someone for good reasons and then that person could not be the right person for the role. No matter how good or bad the person turns into we are stuck with them in the office for four years. 

Voting is exciting. Voting is exciting for me because it's refreshing to see a new person gets to be in the previous person's role. New people come in and change things that the previous person did. They get to do things their own way and make them unique to them. When they make them unique to them it shows that they are invested and passionate about their role. 

Voting has taught me many things. I have learned since I was 13 that your voice is very important. I have fond memories of going with my parents to vote, and now I can’t wait until I get to vote myself. Voting helps to choose a major, representative, or even the president as some examples. What I have learned is that every vote counts and is very important in any type of election. Every person's voice is valuable and useful and deserves to be heard.