Heavenly and Earthly Acceptance | Teen Ink

Heavenly and Earthly Acceptance

By shaylakassidy SILVER, Milton, Kentucky
shaylakassidy SILVER, Milton, Kentucky

what you see in the mirror is not you but one of two paths you can take. -Shayla Crumley 2010

Acceptance has come a long way, but not enough. England accepted the fact that America no longer wanted to be their colony; hence we are our own country. Slave owners finally accepted the law of not owning slaves, so there are no more African Americans picking cotton in sweltering heat, getting beat by their owners. Let’s talk about something more modern though, moral acceptance. Heavenly and Earthly Acceptance.

Controversial topics have always been something I’ve been interested in, especially when people’s beliefs and morals are involved. A big issue with me is homosexuality, and no I don’t mean I think they’re disgusting and should kill themselves as I so often hear, not just from kids my age but adults as well. It says Lev. 18: 22 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." I agree that the Bible is something we should live by, but have we forgotten that God loves all? Yes the Bible says that homosexuality is a Sin, but for those homosexuals that believe in God, they’re just like anyone else, only they chose to be with someone else. Faith, and forgiveness isn’t just for those who are straight, it’s for everyone. Faith can save anyone, even homosexuals; God gave us free will, which means he gave people the choice of who they want to be with. God accepted their decisions, so why can’t all the proclaimed Christians accept it too? Cause of your beliefs? Prejudices? Fears? I may be young, but the greatest commandment is treat thy neighbor is you would want to be treated. Would you want someone telling you to kill yourself? Of course not, so put on your big girl (or boy) panties on and deal with it! If you’re truly a person of God you’ll realize that Earthly acceptance is only temporary but Heavenly is Eternal, and they’re going to be right next to you if they’ve accepted Christ. He’s accepted them. So now it’s your turn.

It may take some time, but step away from all you’ve been told and look at what’s going on with fresh eyes. Show acceptance, forgiveness, and love to everyone, not just people like you. In my opinion that’s what acceptance really is. Not being in the popular group, but treating others the way God would. By accepting them, the world would be a much happier and peaceful place to live. If people who accept homosexuals and who do not could get along. If we could all just accept each other.

All Bible verses found at Http://encouragingbiblequotes.com/versesforgivea.html

This is for my Fall writing piece and I really enjoy writing about things like this

God really loves sinners (Romans 5:8) but God truly hates sin. If a homosexual person repented from being homosexual God forgives him but God wanted for that person not to continue in sin. Like Jesus Christ said to an adulterous woman "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more" John 8:11. God never create homosexual because the bible teaches clearly that God only create male and female ( Genesisn 1:27, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6) That's why I am very sure that even in heaven there is no homosexual. I think in hell there is.