Race Jokes: African Americans vs. Every other Race | Teen Ink

Race Jokes: African Americans vs. Every other Race

March 19, 2010
By JenniferB. SILVER, Harvey, Louisiana
JenniferB. SILVER, Harvey, Louisiana
6 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Racism will never go away its something that we have made that's now permanent, just another way to keep things seperated and a way for races to feel superior because of mental discomfort, hate, and pain.

But I don't need your race jokes, there not funny at all, even if its about another race, I will never understand and know the humor of them and I'm glad of that.
I see people from my own race laughing at these jokes about our race. Its not like there is any truth to it, its stereotypes. Everyone is different and shouldn't be labled or grouped as a whole.

[ Now Speaking to African American Teens in particular}
Do you laugh to hide the pain or are you really that blind to see that this is an insult, another modern day putdown descendent of Linch's how's and to's to keep African Americans down that's exactly what it is. Is this what our generation (all races) has come to. Saying the n-word left and right like the pain and meaning from slavery has gone away. Is the n-word now a pronoun, is that the meaning now, If you took a second to think about it it doesn't make sense. We are still the butt of the joke. Are we still the black dancing characters with white lips and goofy facial expressions. NO!!! But yes if we continue to take this.
So STOP acting nonchalant about this because its not, this is another form of racial brutatlity.
Why is my race always being put down to be the last? Don't say things have changed because it hasn't. Don't say things have changed because we have a black president now because it hasn't. Its really hard for me as it is being a black female, I get enough prejudices from soceity and even in my open own race so I don't need your race jokes added on.

We can choose to fight racism whith racism, hate with hate, and pain with pain but it won't erase the hurt from within.

"BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY."


The author's comments:
This is a everyday thing and I'm sick of it something has to budge please spread the word and next time stop yourself from saying a race joke