Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make"

April 26, 2015
By loolioe123 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
loolioe123 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 5 comments

    "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" by Tristan Poindexter is a very personal piece that really allows readers to feel for the narrator. Tristan tells about a few experiences where she feels prejudiced by her weight. She tells about trying on a dress that doesn't fit her, comparing herself to others, and way too many unacceptable situations where she is made fun of. The experiences are heartbreaking and readers care so greatly for Tristan throughout the entire memoir.

     The sad thing is that there are so many teenagers who, like Tristan, have a low self-esteem. However, one of the things that make this piece so spectacular is that it can show people that they are not the only ones with insecurities. Many people who are insecure feel that they are the only one and no one can understand them. Knowing that everyone has these insecurities can be more comforting. So, as heartbreaking as "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" was, it can be inspiring for many people.