Pressure to Do "It" | Teen Ink

Pressure to Do "It"

By aacanales BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
aacanales BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

Pressure to do “It”
By “Claudia”, Wilton, CT

What I liked about this is that it is so true, so many kids and teenagers are so worried about sex, and weather it’s a good time to do it or not.  So many kids mess up their lives, and live in regret cause they have sex not knowing that it affects you in more ways then they’d think.  Were all in such a big rush to grow up, that we don’t pay attention to the actual big stuff around us, there will always be sex later in life.  Claudia says “Every boy I see, I wonder, “Is it going to be you?”  And I think that’s how a lot of kids are.  We think that we have to be in this big circle that everyone else is it.  With sex, you should be married, and actually love the person, not to do it as a distraction or as a way to deal with pain, or to fit in.   “Growing up is inevitable” Claudia wrote.  If we worried about school and our future as much as we worry about sex, and being in the “group”.  But it is hard when all people talk about seems to be about sex, we are pressured, were influenced by all the things around us, people ask if you’re a virgin, and if you say no it seems like they all just turn their heads, and ask like “Really?”  Being a teenager now is hard, were criticized by everything we do, or don’t do.  We think the only to get away from it is doing what everyone else is doing but that’s not even the first of it.

What inspired me to write this is a friend lost her virginity and cried to me about how it was a mistake, and he fooled her into doing it.  And i just hope she says strong and remembers that its not her fault.