What I wish I’d Known as a Freshman | Teen Ink

What I wish I’d Known as a Freshman

By liza_rocha BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
liza_rocha BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

I give everyday the chance to be the most beautiful day in my life.

Coming in as a freshman is very frightening, you have no idea of what you are about to go through. You don’t know anything about high school and you feel so small next to all these other students that are already experienced and know how the water flows. You wish there was a handbook that would tell you how to survive your first year of high school. On the article “What I wish I’d Known as a Freshman” it gives you the main things you should know about freshman year.  NikiiiZ has very accurate information about freshman year. I am barely a sophomore and it is my second year of high school and I am already realizing that these points are very true.
A sophomore does not have as much experience as a senior but I am starting to realize that these tips are exact. My freshman year was the same; hanging out with the same people and nobody else. It was always the same people and I did not socialize with anybody else. This is not a great way to start high school; you want to get to know as much people possible. Getting to know people from upper grades is great because they are going to be the ones to help you. Do not be afraid to express who you are. As the author said “No one cares about you as much as you do. Be yourself.” You should try things that you like and that you want to do and not what your friends want to do.  Doing what interest you will lead you find yourself. As she said that that she took a creative class and ended up loving it. You never know what you are interested in until you try it out. These little things lead you to being successful in high school and make high school an environment that you enjoy and that you want to go back to.

Going into high school is very difficult and you have no idea what you are doing. I am hoping that writing on to this article it can guide a freshamn on the main things in high school. It will make them feel more comfortable going into a new level in life.