IMMIGRATION | Teen Ink

IMMIGRATION

October 4, 2007
By Anonymous

I am appalled that Nester from Phoenix, AZ thinks we, the citizens of the United States of America, “ rely on illegal immigrants to do the jobs Americans won’t do.” THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE STRONGEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, DOES NOT NEED ILLEGALS TO DO OUR DIRTY WORK.

I am not saying that there should not be any immigration at all, because my mom’s grandparents immigrated form Europe in the 1900’s, but they did it legally and by the books. This is the way it should be done. It is not fair to all of the people from all over the world that are trying to come to this country in search of a better life. They are waiting years to be welcomed into this country, never mind becoming citizens.

The aliens also abuse our system. Like Jessica, from Colleyville, TX, I agree “ They take our benefits and they don't pay taxes. ” They also break a ton of our laws. I don't know about the rest of the country, but illegals where I live drive without licenses. They don't have licenses because they are here illegally, and if they tried to get one, they would get caught and be sent back to wherever they came from. I had an experience where an illegal who didn’t have a license was running from the cops in a unregistered car he came on to my property in an attempt to get away.

In my opinion, the illegals should all be sent back to wherever they came from. I don't care if they have jobs, I don't care if they have have U.S. born kids. They don't deserve to be here if they did not do it legally. They don't deserve to be here if they break our laws in the first ten seconds that they come here. It just isn’t right.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 10 comments.


on Jan. 17 2020 at 10:21 am
Genevieve_C BRONZE, New York, New York
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

You're entitled to your opinions, but your article is far too presumptuous about immigrants. As the daughter and family member of many immigrants, I can tell you that the assumption that all of them abuse the system is very generalized and does not credit them enough for what they really contribute. Yes, I am aware that there are legal proceedings for "doing immigration correctly", but there is also a broad lack of understanding of the reasons why people come here; I would know this personally. Finally, I must comment that your assertion that it's ethical to separate families solely because some of them are not citizens is cruel. Children do not control the decisions their parents make for them. They do not know any better and most importantly they need their parents like you and I do.

Robert214 GOLD said...
on Jan. 17 2020 at 5:53 am
Robert214 GOLD, Guangzhou, Other
11 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
Make the best of what is within our power, and take the rest as it occurs. -Epictetus

I think your attitude on immigration is too radical and harsh. Indeed, some illegal immigrants do not deserve to live in the US, but many contribute to the US and deserve to stay. If these people make a decent life in the US and make society better, it is not a big deal whether they come in legally or not. I especially disagree with the last paragraph. It is cruel to separate immigrant families. If we really have to punish them for their illegal acts years ago, there are better ways such as fining them.

on Jan. 10 2020 at 12:43 pm
WolfieDW BRONZE, Mountain View, California
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If my life was to be just a single note in an endless symphony, how could I not sound it out for as long and as loudly as I could?" - Lauren Wolk, Wolf Hollow

Honestly, I do understand what you mean, but I personally know an illegal immigrant, and the reasons why they came into the state were because back at their hometown, they were suppressed and were living a terrible life. I know that some of them break many laws, but do consider why they came into the states. The end part was what I disagreed with the most. Please do not separate the children from their parents.

on Jan. 8 2020 at 11:32 am
SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments
@Dani_Higareda What are you talking about?! Most homeless people are mentally ill American citizens! They are in the way they are because of the drugs that are constantly flowing through our southern border!

on Jan. 8 2020 at 11:29 am
SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments
@Dani_Higareda Yes, you would see Americans working in the field. These jobs are mainly in agriculture, but most illegal immigrants do not work in agriculture. They work in well-paying manufacturing jobs that American citizens desperately need.

on Jan. 8 2020 at 11:17 am
SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments
I can tell based on their comments that those below know close to nothing about immigration or our immigration process, and close to naught what Max M. had said. The Bible says we are all immigrants, and the children of immigrants, and I believe that. But to have a country, one must have borders. We cannot accept just anyone into our country. Only those that we think can help our country. Illegal, undocumented immigrants do not help our country. They do not pay taxes, but they accept our benefits. They take well-paying jobs that our own citizens desperately need. And many of them perpetrate crimes against our citizens, most of them violent and against women and children. I understand that immigrants are necessary to our country, as we are all immigrants or the children thereof. But I also understand that to come to our country you must earn the rights that come with citizenship.

on Jan. 8 2020 at 11:04 am
SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments
TeenInk.com/forums/writers-workshop/thread/96038/What-Immigration-Should-Look-Like

This is a link to a forum that I have written, and it goes more in depth about immigration.

on Jan. 8 2020 at 11:02 am
SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments
I must add that the 14th amendment says that anyone born in our country must abide by our rules to count as a citizen. "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

on Oct. 1 2018 at 9:48 pm
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina
20 articles 0 photos 109 comments

Favorite Quote:
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

You should really research the topics you write about before writing about them because you are writing solely based on speculations. If you do the research, you'll find out that immigrants pay taxes, just like any other U.S citizen. In fact, in 2013, illegal immigrants paid $11.64 million of taxes to both state and local governments. As to immigrants taking the benefits of U.S citizens, well, that's a very absurd thing to say. U.S citizens that belong to the upper class of society don't have to worry about immigrants taking their benefits, because the immigrants only use the benefits of the wealthy people who don't need the benefits. I highly disagree with you on your opinions because immigrants are not what people like Trump depict them as. Immigrants are hard-working people who only do the jobs that Americans don't like to do. And if this is not true, then answer this question: Will you ever see an American working in the fields sacrificing themselves in the excruciating heat of the day order to support their families? Need I continue, or have you heard enough? Immigrants are people willing to risk it all just so that they can create a better future for themselves and their families. How many homeless immigrants do you see on the streets, and how many homeless Americans do you see on the streets? Reconsider your opinions carefully, because immigrants deserve the same opportunities that an American deserves!

Shorty said...
on Sep. 25 2008 at 3:27 pm
I truely disagree with Max M. Although everyone is intittle to there own opinion i think he is being hard on immigrants.I know that there are a couple of immigrants that dont fallow the law and that makes everyone else look bad, but there are others that come to the U.S to make a decent living. Most of the immigrants that come to live here in the U.S do it to give there families a better life and a better future.In my opinion i think that they should be allowed here in the U.S like everyone else.