Stress | Teen Ink

Stress

Every students happy thought in school are the breaks it’s a way of being able to take a deep breath and buckle down and work hard for the next couple of days because you know this time next week you will be relaxing and watching Television and sleeping, students look forward to it so much that you countdown the days till you get out. So as I come to you a couple of days after my surgery telling you how it’s going to be for me this up coming break, well not so much a break. Normally when this time comes up I am the happiest person a live but this time being out of school didn’t necessarily mean I was going to have it easy, reason being is because I had to get all four of my wisdom teeth pulled, yeah I know, fun right, and to think I’m getting the surgery done two days before thanksgiving. I’m not going to be able to eat or talk or anything I’m going to miss the things I love most during this time of year, family, food, football, even just hanging around outside with people is going to be hard to do because I’m going to be so loopy on medication I wont be able to see straight. So as you can imagine I’m going to be an unhappy camper in about twenty-four hours. I can’t really picture the pain I might be in, and it isn’t so much the physical pain but the emotional hurt of not being able to eat and laugh and talk with all your family and friends at this wonderful time of year.

I tried to get the appointment rescheduled of course so maybe I can miss school and take some good time off but that attempt failed because of school, all I want is to have a normal break, I want to watch hours and hours of football and feel nothing but the air on my shoulders because of all the weight being lifted off by the break, but I don’t have the luxury of having a care free break, I thought to myself and wished I would have never had wisdom teeth and it was unreal the damage something can do and for the teeth to not have even grown in yet, so for this break no weight has been lifted off my shoulders if anything I have had more weight put on by knowing I have a paper due for an A.P class that I sometimes wonder why I’m in, half the time I feel like I’m in way over my head, I mean the papers we have to write have to be superb and I love the class itself but things get hard when you know that you have a break on the schedule and its just kind of yanked away in a three minute conversation between a patient and a doctor, I’m so ready for this thanksgiving to come and pass as fast as it can because my break isn’t going to be a treat to go through. I’m on a little bit of medicine right now and I’m wondering in my head what grade I might get on this paper, I mean that’s what it is really all bout isn’t it?, the grade. I’ve been told to make sure this is a good paper because if you send it to get published people could laugh at you, that’s the least of my worries, what someone thinks of my papers I mean come on, I can’t even think straight because of this medicine. Well I’m glad all of you people will have a great break, I’ll be sitting here worrying about my grade and trying not to get a dry socket.

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

I know how you feel. I had surgery over the summer for my back so I couldn't go to summer camp with my friends like I wanted. Keep writing ! Please check out my work at annoymous, highlands ranch, colorado. Some of my work is explosion, darkness, guardian angels, here we go again, and pep band. Please comment and rate! Thank you!