The doctor of forest health | Teen Ink

The doctor of forest health

The Doctor of Forest Health
I walked through the forest and I saw a man cutting down a tree. I said, “Why are you cutting down that tree.” He said. “Because I need wood to build a house.” Then I said,” Well if you cut that tree down we lose oxygen.” The man said, “Oh, sorry.” I said, “Can you plant a tree when you’re done?” He said, “Okay I can do that.” I said, “Thanks.” Then I walked on. To maintain forest health, we should let the forests be First, one way we should let the forests be is by not cutting down the trees. Not cutting down the trees will let us have oxygen. If we cut down every tree we won’t have oxygen and the hospitals would have lots of patients. If we cut down trees then the air would be all foggy and hazy, and we will have of air pollution.
Second, another way to let the forests be is to put fire restrictions on the campsites. Putting fire restrictions on the campsites will let us have fewer wildfires. If we put fire restrictions on every campsite then we would have more animals because animals would come over to Idaho and be safe.
Finally, the last way we can leave our forests be is to plant new trees. We can plant new trees by planting them in your back yard or in the forest. We can plant them on Arbor Day or daily days. If we plant new trees our state would be beautiful.

Bruce Babbitt once said, “There's a basic kind of tension here. It's between those who say, I'd like to clear cut this forest and reduce it to saw timber because that's an economically productive thing for me to do.” This quote is a lesson to tell people to leave the forests be, and that trees are part of our environment. To maintain forest health, we should let the forests be.